Become a Yoga Teacher
The 200 hour Hatha Yoga Therapeutic Teacher Training certificate meets and exceeds the minimum requirements to teach yoga, according to the Yoga Alliance’s standards. Awaken Yoga also gives you the option to add 100 additional hours to your certificate (for a total of 300 hours) by taking additional Yogic Studies weekends. The 2017 training program starts in April – See the full schedule
What credential do I earn?
CYT 200. You will be able to teach at places like yoga studios, offices, gyms, or set up your own private business to teach to students at a beginner and beyond level. Prepares you for teaching, running a yoga business, and the risks of being a yoga teacher.
What will this program do for me?
Many Awaken graduates have gone on to teach yoga full time or supplement their income by teaching. Overall, this program helps you achieve a more wholesome and holistic way of living, whether you choose to teach or not.
Start the Registration Process
Receive more info to help you get started with your 200 Hour training!
Next Training is Spring, 2017
See below for dates, times and course curriculum.
Early Bird Tuition by March 4th, 2017: $2,750 (Save $250!)
Request your Welcome Packet for full details & payment options, and to begin the application process.
Dates & Times – Program Beginning Spring, 2017
“I have thought many times over the past two years how thankful I am for you and your Teacher Training program. I consistently go back to our notes and handouts and just think about how lucky I am to have gone to such a great yoga school. I always recommend you to anyone I know wanting to become a teacher….”
- Understand the practice of Yoga Asana as taught in the West
- Learn a variety of class styles to allow you to be able to teach at a variety of studios and levels such as Beginner’s Traditional Hatha Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, Surya Namaskara, Chair Yoga, Restorative Yoga and more!
- Practice safe and proper hands-on assisting in a Yoga class.
- Absorb and use your acquired Sanskrit terminology.
- Take instruction in the methodology of class sequencing for students with varying abilities and needs.
- Practice teaching others in a supportive atmosphere.
- Gain confidence in teaching basic Pranayamas, Kriyas and Meditation techniques.
- Hone your business skills to start on your professional path as a teacher of yoga.
- Participate in outside classroom experience, such as assisting in workshops and classes at area studios!*
- Enjoy creative and inspiring projects that will polish your abilities as a Yoga teacher.
- Science of Breath: A Practical Guide, by Swami Rama
- Meditation and Its Practice, by Swami Rama
- Wheels of Life, by Anodea Judith
- Light on Life, by BKS Iyengar
- Yoga Teachers’ Toolbox, by Joseph Le Page and Lilian Le Page
- Yoga Mastering the Basics, by Sandra Anderson
- Surya Namaskara, by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness by Donna Farhi
Are you an out-of-towner who needs a place to stay while taking this training?*
Check out our Lake Erie Cottage!
(subject to availability)
*Ask if a student rate is available!
This program is a commitment. There are no refunds 75 days prior to the start date of this training. There is a 25% return fee over 75 days prior to the start date for 200 Hour, Inner Wisdom® and Continuing Education trainings. Certain exceptions may be granted per the decision of the director of training based on need and severity of the situation. In these situations, a student may be able to make up the course the next time it occurs, by approval of the instructor.